BG-Sofia: EBOR - Kontrola zvýšenia energetickej účinnosti vo verejných budovách (
Republic of Bulgaria
Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Project Name: Supervision of Energy Efficiency Improvements in Public Buildings
Funding source: KIDSF
Type of contract: Consultancy services
Type of notice: Invitation for Expressions of Interest
Issue date: 14/07/2010
Closing date: 03/08/2010
Assignment title: Supervisor to MEET on the implementation of Project "Energy Efficiency Improvements in Public Buildings" (EEIPB Project) and Project "Energy Efficiency Improvements in Public Buildings in the Municipalities of Kozloduy and Novi han" (EEPBKN Project)
Pursuant to the Framework Agreement between the Republic of Bulgaria and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (KIDSF) in Bulgaria, administered by the EBRD, has been financing and co-financing preparation and implementation of selected projects that would assist in the necessary restructuring, upgrading and modernisation of the energy production, transmission and distribution sectors and to improve energy efficiency.
After two successful projects for energy efficiency measures in public buildings, at the end of 2008 the Ministry signed another two grant agreements for continuing the already established good practice:
- Grant Agreement (GA No. 030) continues the rehabilitation programme all over the country with additional public buildings (schools, hospitals and other state and municipality owned buildings). The eligible public buildings are only those which have obligatory energy audits clearly identifying the energy efficiency improvements as falling within the scope of the project - Project "Energy Efficiency Improvements in Public Buildings"(EEIPB Project).
- Grant Agreement (GA No.029) continues the rehabilitation programme to support energy efficiency improvements of public buildings in the areas directly affected by the closure of units 1-4 of the Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant – the Municipalities of Kolzoduy and Novi han - Project "Energy Efficiency Improvements in Public Buildings in the Municipalities of Kozloduy and Novi han" (EEPBKN Project).
In order to assist in the monitoring of implementation and assess the results of the two Projects, MEET intends to use the services of a Supervisor.
The Supervisor shall be expected to accomplish the following tasks:
- Train nominated representatives of the Beneficiaries of the Sub-projects how to perform day-to-day supervision of the relevant Sub-project: how to inspect, verify and report the implementation;
- Advise the Beneficiaries on any other issues related to the daily supervision of the implementation;
- Authorize changes, proposed by the Contractor/s;
- Validate successful partial/overall completion of the Sub-projects/Projects by the Contractor/s based on the reports of the Beneficiaries;
- Authorize payments to the Contractor/s;
- Develop a methodology for monitoring and proving the effect of implemented measures;
- Make preliminary evaluation of the effect of the measures implemented, based on the inputs of the energy efficiency assessment of the buildings before the project implementation.
The Supervisor shall be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in Section 5 of the EBRD Procurement Policies and Rules.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: Anticipated start date is 15/09/2010, the engagement of the Supervisor will not be more than 8 months flexibly allocated within an overall duration of 14 months.
Maximum Budget Available for the Assignment: 150 000 Euro
Funding Source: KIDSF
Eligibility: Consulting companies/consortia/teams of experts must be registered in an eligible country. The eligible countries as of 1 May 2010 are: The EU member states, Switzerland and the EBRD's countries of operation.
Consultant's Profile: The Supervisor might be a company/consortium/team of experts, which has established adequate capability, experience and skills.
The Supervisor must provide evidence of experience in the following key areas:
- supervision of the implementation of energy efficiency projects;
- training related to the supervision of projects and;
- monitoring and appraisal of project results.
The Consultant's team for the assignment shall include key experts with expertise in all of the following key areas:
• project management and contract administration of energy efficiency projects in public buildings;
• building envelope;
• heating plant and solar systems;
• ventilating and air-conditioning systems.
One key expert may provide expertise in more than one of the above listed areas. All key experts shall have at least 5 years experience in the relevant field.
The company/consortium/team of experts shall have experience in Bulgaria.
Status: Interested companies/consortia/teams of experts are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
In order to determine the capability and experience of the consulting companies/consortia/teams of experts, seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
- Company/Team of experts/Consortium profile;
- Details of previous experience or assignments similar to the task of the Supervisor (not more than 5 project references);
- Brief description of the Company/Team of experts/Consortium's key experts, their background and role in the assignment.
The above information should not exceed 15 pages.
One original and five copies of the above documentation, in English, should be submitted to MEET in sealed envelope marked "Expression of Interest –Supervisor of Energy Efficiency Improvements in Public Buildings", not later than 15:00 local Bulgarian time on 03/08/2010 at the following address:
Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism, Energy Policies, Strategies and Projects Directorate, Projects Department, 8 Triaditsa St., 1040Sofia, Bulgaria. Contact person: Zdravka Pekova, Junior Expert, Projects Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +359 2 9263 258, fax: +359 2 98 00 110
Note: Following this Invitation for Expressions of Interest, a shortlist of qualified companies/consortia/teams of experts shall be drawn and proposals invited from the shortlisted companies/consortia/teams of experts.