Enterprise Europe Network has its national node in Slovakia represented by the project BISS Slovakia (Business and Innovation Support Services in Slovakia) submitted in the CIP Programme call for proposals in April 2007. The project was submitted by the partners of former initiatives of the European Commission supporting business and innovation - Euro Info Centres (EIC) and Innovation Relay Centres (IRC) with participation of the internet portal EurActiv.sk.
Acronym: BISS Slovakia
Title: Business and Innovation Support Services in Slovakia
Duration: 1.1.2008 - 31.12.2013
Financing: project is co-financed by European Commission under the Competitiveness and Innovation framework Programme (CIP).
Co-ordinator: BIC Bratislava
Contracting authority: European Commission, DG Enterprise and Industry
Implementation agency: Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation (EACI)
According to the Framework Partnership Agreement and the Specific Grant Agreement the BISS Slovakia project partners will implement three service modules:
- Information, feedback, business co-operation and internationalisation services. Network partners will process information about European legislation and programmes and provide tailored intelligence for SMEs and other clients; offer assistance and advice services to SMEs to benefit from EU programmes and initiatives; provide feedback from SMEs to the Commission to ensure that future legislation responds to SME needs; offer services to develop trans-national co-operation between SMEs and help them finding suitable business partners to expand their business and enter new markets.
- Innovation, technology and knowledge transfer services. Disseminating information and raising awareness regarding innovation-related policies, legislation, and support programmes; engaging in the dissemination and exploitation of research results; providing brokerage services for technology and knowledge transfer, and for partnership building between all kinds of innovation actors; stimulating the capacity of firms, especially SMEs to innovate; facilitating linkage to other innovation services including intellectual property related services.
- Services encouraging the participation of SMEs in the Community Framework Programme for RTD (FP7). Raising awareness among SMEs regarding the Community Framework Programme for RTD; helping SMEs to identify their RTD needs and find relevant partners; assisting SMEs in the preparation and coordination of project proposals for the participation in the Community Framework Programme for RTD.
- BIC Bratislava - project co-ordinator
- National Agency for Development of Small and Medium Enterprises
- Slovak Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Regional Advisory and Information Centre Prešov
- BIC Group